Monday, August 14, 2023

LemonPepper Salmon

Simple, tasty and fast Salmon is sauteed with all ingredients at once, and served over couscous. Great with a spinach salad.

Lemon-Pepper Salmon Ingredients

  • 2 tablespoons butter

  • 2 tablespoons olive oil

  • 4 (4 ounce) salmon steaks

  • 1 teaspoon minced garlic

  • 1 tablespoon lemon pepper

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • cup water

  • 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes

  • 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro

  • 2 cups boiling water

  • 1 cup uncooked couscous

How to Make Lemon-Pepper Salmon

  1. Heat the butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Place salmon in the skillet, and season with garlic, lemon pepper and salt. Pour 1/4 cup water around salmon. Place tomatoes and cilantro in the skillet. Cover, and cook 15 minutes, or until fish is easily flaked with a fork.

  2. Bring 2 cups water to boil in a pot. Remove form heat, and mix in couscous. Cover, and let sit 5 minutes. Serve the cooked salmon over couscous, and drizzle with sauce from skillet.

Lemon-Pepper Salmon Nutritions

  • Calories: 497.5 calories

  • Carbohydrate: 36.2 g

  • Cholesterol: 89 mg

  • Fat: 23.5 g

  • Fiber: 3.1 g

  • Protein: 31.6 g

  • SaturatedFat: 6.8 g

  • ServingSize:

  • Sodium: 1038.7 mg

  • Sugar: 1.4 g

  • TransFat:

  • UnsaturatedFat:

Lemon-Pepper Salmon Reviews

  • My husband raved about this recipe; he said it was the best salmon hed ever eaten I liked it a lot too. I made just a couple of changes. I used about half of the olive oil and butter the recipe called for; I dont think you need the extra fat. I also used fresh lemon juice and regular pepper instead of the lemon pepper. I sauteed some minced garlic in the butter/oil, then added the salmon (seasoned with salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice). I also used fresh baby dill instead of cilantro and didnt use as much as the recipe called for, maybe 1/2 cup. The dill gave it a nice, mellow flavor. The salmon came out flaky and light, and none of the flavors were overwhelming. We will definitely be having this againLet me just add that we had two pieces of fish (about 4-5 oz each). If I were to do this for four pieces, Id definitely double the sauce; it was just enough for two pieces in the proportions listed.

  • I omitted the tomatoes and didnt bother with the couscous because we didnt have any. Let me be the first to say that this recipe is very tasty The lemon pepper gives it a nice herby flavor with some zip. Thanks for sharing

  • Easy fast delicious recipe. No cous cous. The left over sauce is delicious over mash potatoes.

  • We just made this again, using sea scallops instead of Salmon. I use petite diced tomatoes (canned) instead of fresh, which allows for more juice. I leave out the water. Also, I leave out the cilantro because I dont like it. I really believe the couscous is such a great addition. We used the 5-minute Hodgkin Mills kind and it worked fine. The only problem is we eat it too fast Thanks for the yummy recipe

  • This was so simple to cook, and very good. There wasnt much sauce for me to use in the end. And I added some cayenne pepper for a little spice.

  • I thought this recipe was really great. Instead of using fresh tomatoe, I used canned stewed tomatoes and I took out the salt since the Lemon-Pepper sesoning already had some. I also added a sliced yellow onion. I served on top of rice. Very easy to make and this will make a BIG hit for dinner guest.I will definatley be using this recipe again. Yum, yum, yum

  • I enjoyed this recipe. It was really quick and simple. It was my first time cooking fish, and this was an easy and delicious introduction.I cooked rice instead of cous cous and served with sauteed spinach. I did remove the seeds before chopping my tomatoes. Next time, I will probably use a cup and a half of tomatoes. They were really good

  • That was absolutely DELICIOUS We just finished eating it for dinner, and I had to come rate it It was so, so, so flavorful And I barely changed anything. The only thing I changed was I put the minced garlic in at the beginning with the oil and butter. I also added fresh mushrooms in with the tomatoes. SOOOOOOOO yummy Thanks for the recipe I will be making it again as soon as possible

  • This is a great recipe The cilantro adds a great flavor. It is very spicy. I think I will cut back on the lemon-pepper quite a bit but I will definitely be making this again

  • This was so simple and it really hit the spot. I used half of the oil and butter, also. This is going to be one of our regular salmon dishes from now on.

  • Yum I omitted the cilantro since I am one of those people who thinks it tastes like soap. I also only used two filets but used the original amounts of everything else and still wished I had had more sauce in the end.

  • This was really good. It was very quick to prepare - and took a total of 20 minutes including cooking time. Extremely tasty for such little time and effort to prepare.

  • Its a beautiful masterpiece as a presentation , i personally think its a bit too much water. but anyways it was quick , simple and yummy. it raised up my chef reputation family thx

  • Soo delicious We added white wine to the simmer and it was fantastic

  • Fabulous My hubby & I usually go for the sweet salmon recipes (brown sugar, coconut/pineapple, etc) but this was great Will make again (...good with just store bought couscous-tomato & lentil or pine nut by Near East are great)

  • Very quick and easy. I subsituted white rice for the couscous and it was delicious

  • This ROCKS

  • So tasty I listened to one of the reviews and used real lemon juice and pepper instead of the Mrs. Dash stuff. I also used dill instead of cilantro (hubby hates it) and it tasted wonderful. Fish was so flaky and flavorful. Kids even loved it.

  • My husband absolutely loved this recipe I used fresh lemon instead of lemon pepper, and just added regular black pepper. I, also, used canned diced tomatoes instead of fresh because I was out of fresh, and it tasted awesome I didnt have any fresh cilantro either so I used Marjoram, which was a great addition. Definitely will be using this recipe again

  • Easy, light and delicious

  • My husband and I loved this dish. Of course, I always add my touch (mostly because I dont have all the ingredients), but it was really great. I used fresh lemon zest and freshly ground pepper instead of the lemon-pepper, and I didnt add the water as my fresh tomatoes had plenty. I also served it with rice which was flavoured with broth.

  • My Husband was surprised by how quickly this came about and was so delicious. He will prefer rice he says over couscous. Yet he could not understand how this recipe is rated more than 5 :-) .

  • This is probably the best salmon dish on this site--or anywhere This was easy and quick to make, and the results were so tasty I recalculated the recipe for two, used white wine instead of water, used sea salt, added a bit of thyme, and cooked for a little over ten minutes. Served it over Israeli couscous, but next time may use "regular" couscous--AND make a larger amount of couscous. My husband was very pleased, as was I, and I look forward to using this recipe again and seeing if it comes out just as good

  • Fantastic meal

  • With mashed potatoes

  • Just okay for us. We used lemon pepper but still longed for a more acidic taste.

  • Super simple, I had everything readily available. I followed the directions exactly & added onion powder & fresh lemon juice. Served over brown rice. Thanks for sharing

  • Let me start by saying I DO NOT like salmonbut its really good for you and I am trying to eat better so I decided that I would need to choke some down for the good of my health. I found this recipe to try and make it palatableI believe the result was the best tasting dish I have had this yearpossibly everit was THAT goodI SWEAR Had to share it with salmon lovers and salmon haters alikeit is DELICIOUSOf course I made some changesI love garlic and the original recipe did not use much garlic I added quite a bit (3 crushed cloves on my one piece of salmon), also after making it I think if youd like to be even more heart healthy you can omit the butter it was unnecessary, the EVOO was plenty. And I used more tomatoes and cilantro I think this is keythe flavors were outstanding and there was enough that it made sort of a salsa side dishSOOOO GOOD Dont ask me why the recipe is called Lemon Pepper Salmon although there is lemon pepper in it, the main flavors are the tomato, garlic, and cilantro; I would call it Italian Deliciousness Salmon. PLEASE try it It is SO GOOD Super fast and one pan. I didnt try the couscous thing

  • I loved this And will def. make it again. I used 2.5lbs of Salmon and I sprinkled, heavily, black pepper over the fish and then I used 1/4 cup of fresh lemon juice instead of lemon pepper and it came out just fine Very tasty and very simply and quick. I served with GMO free wild brown rice instead of cousous.

  • What a wonderful combination of flavors The tomatoes, cilantro and lemon pepper all go together great. It may seem like a lot of cilantro, but its really not overpowering at all. Instead of the salt, the 1/4 cup water and the fresh tomatoes, I used a 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes, undrained. I also skipped the butter. It made the perfect amount of sauce for the (whole grain) couscous to soak up. I gave this recipe 5 stars because its easy to make, healthy and very tasty

  • Delicious This is one of my favorite fish recipes to make at home now. It even tasted great w/o the lemon pepper (I forgot I did not have any).

  • I love this recipe I tried it over 4 years ago and it quickly became a family favorite. I omitted the couscous and used long grain wild rice (had it un the cupboards), added some shrimp and a side of pinto beans and it was positively amazing A side of steamed broccoli or asparagus and its just awesome. My mom wont stop asking for it :-)

  • Quick, easy, and very tasty.

  • Just staring to cook and my first fish dish a great way to begin. added a few chilli flakes and before placing the salmon on the skillet, added some chopped onions. while i did not have lemon pepper,squeezed a dash of fresh lime on . dishh turned out great, but was told that may have been even better with some more garlic and salt.

  • Very simple to make (healthier if you dont use butter, use something lower in fat) and the tomatoes and cilantro just flavor it so well. VERY easy, my husband said it was the best salmon he has ever eaten. Couscous was great with it, but rice could work too. Will make again

  • It was better than red lobster

  • This recipe was great. If i owned a resturqnt this would be on the menu. I used mashed potatos instead of couscus

  • This salmon came out perfect i used it on top of a caesar salad for a really quick lunch today. super easy to follow. im a 20 year old college student. if i can do it, anybody can

  • I have made this recipe a number of times. It is one of my favorite salmon recipes.

  • VERY good. Ive never cooked salmon before (Except the kind out of the can) so I was looking for something lemony and delicious. I skipped the couscous and served over brown rice instead.

  • We have this recipe almost once a week served over rice. Its great Super easy to make, I only add some "fish seasoning" to the salmon, with the other toppings. I love LOTS of flavor :)

  • I am always looking for new salmon recipes because our family eats it at least twice a month and are tired of the typical teriyaki/honey and lemon dill recipes. This was equisite. Here is what I did differently:I used less butter and oil--totally not neccessary to have all the extra fat, I used fresh lemon, fresh ground pepper and sea salt. I used fresh grape tomatoes and white wine instead of water. I also made Israeli couscous (the larger kind) with vegetable stock instead of water. This is delicious with Tilapia also.

  • Added 1/2 cup of oil packed sun-dried tomatoes. This was amazing. I skipped the couscous for mashed potatoes, but it probably would have been better with a rice pilaf.

  • This was really good, and im not usually a salmon fan. i didnt have any cilantro so i substituted dried parsley. also, instead of the 2 tbsp of oil, i sprayed the pan with olive oil spray for a second or two. theres plenty of fat in this dish between the oil, salmon, and butter

  • I have never made salmon on the stove before, but I thought this was great. I served it over white rice instead of couscouse. It was delicious. I also used extra tomatoes because we love tomatoes. Very good

  • This was awesome We too are always in search of good salmon recipes because we eat it so frequently. Our kids loved it and everyone had seconds. Based on another recommendation, I used half of the required amount of butter and oil and used white wine instead of water, and cut a handful of grape tomatoes in half. Simply delicious

  • This is an awesome recipe Its very flavorful. I also cut the butter and oil in half. It came out great :)

  • No Changes, excellent dish. We added as side, steamed broccoli

  • I love this recipe so much that I use it for chicken, too

  • Ive been searching and searching for a great and easy salmon recipe and this is it

  • Wow Just made this for my parents anniversary and they loved it. I did add a bit of white wine with the water and it was amazing. So far this is my favorite salmon recipe.

  • Loved it, loved it, loved it I didnt have lemon pepper, so I used lemon zest instead. I also substituted canned tomotoes for fresh. I didnt prepare the couscous--not my preferred grain, but everyone in our family loved the recipe. Great flavors, simple and nutrition. Im preparing it again tonight. YUM.

  • Fantastic - made as directed without the cousous. I did add just a splash of lemon juice and a handfull of semi-frozen shrimp towards the end of the cooking time.

  • Very delicious Marinated salmon with garlic, pepper, salt and lime juice (didnt have lemon pepper) and then followed the rest of the recipe. Very flavorful and the salmon was very tender. Will be make this regularly for sure

  • Been looking for a stovetop salmon recipe for a long time. The flavor is just right with some extra garlic and a bit of thyme. This has a lot of potential for addons.

  • This is my go-to salmon dish, Ive made it many times. It tastes even better with parsley.

  • White Wine instead of water. Mashed potatoes instead.

  • This was very tasty and easy to cook. Even my toddler enjoyed this.

  • I made it with only two pieces of salmon and found it very easy and delicious My opinion, do make it with the couscous because the combination of the sauce and the couscous is superb Awesome recipe, I will make it again and again

  • Not bad at all. Made it with salmon fillets instead of steaks. Make sure to check the ingredients on your package of lemon pepper... if it includes salts youll want to significantly reduce or omit the salt from the recipe.

  • Really good made it with parsley instead of cilantro.

  • Highly recommend this with couscous I usually cut the fat in half to make a 2 serving size of salmon. Watch the ingredients in your lemon pepper, as many have salt as the main ingredient. Use lemon juice and pepper if thats the case. I use chicken stock instead of water for both the couscous and salmon, it doesnt seem to alter the taste of the salmon (as in make anything chicken-y). And I usually throw in some fresh spinach with the cilantro for some added veggies.

  • Awesome recipe. It was surprising how well the seasonings permeated the salmon; no tartar sauce necessary. I didnt have fresh cilantro, but parsley was fine and I substituted chardonnay for the water. This will be my "go to" poached salmon recipe.

  • Loved it ?? Will make it again.

  • Will definitely make again. Simple, foolproof, very tasty, colorful, healthful.

  • ExcellentIm not much of a cooked salmon lover, but this was great. next time Ill add more tomatoes and cilantro since its so nice over the couscous. flavor is nice and strong and simple. thanks

  • Made as written, we thought this recipe was good. I would probably make it again...but I also like to try other recipes as well. I think other recipes for salmon on this site are equally as good as this one.

  • Thank you to all who enjoyed it.I Want to add that when I dont have fresh tomatoes, I use a 16ounce can of diced tomatoes. The amount of water can be changed (up to 1 cup) depending on how much sauce you want to have. The whole thing is suppossed to be simmered together. Salmon is delicate and high heat will ruin the fish.

  • I made this last night for Valentines Day and we LOVED it I omitted the cilantro (bc I dont like it), and it was still very flavorful. Next time, I might increase the liquid and the tomatoes, because there wasnt quite enough sauce to flavor couscous for all 4 pieces of fish. Definitely going to make this one again THANK YOU

  • I really liked this recipe. Like most I doubled the water and the garlic to increase the flavor. I am not a salmon eater but I loved it and will cook it again. You could probably cut some of the butter or oil to reduce the fat. I served it with rice.

  • This is definitely a 5 star recipe I LOVE salmon & always order it when dining at fine restaurants. I have to say, this is salmon is the quality of a 5 star restaurant I am VERY picky about my salmon. I LOVED the flavor & the salmon was so moist. Check it at around 8 minutes to make sure it doesnt get overdone....you want it moist & the cooking time always depends on how thick the salmon is. I used fresh Sockeye Salmon, 3 T. each of butter & olive oil, and 2 tsp. garlic, increased water to 1/2 cup. Used fresh lemon, salt, & pepper to taste. The cilantro & tomato really add great flavor to this I served this with couscous & Maple Dill Carrots from this site. Fresh green beans would go nicely with this as well.

  • My username is scorch. The name says everything about my cooking abilities:). I am a novice cook and I tried this recipe. I cooked for 7 people including me wife. My wife is an expert cook and amazingly she liked the way I prepared this recipe. I changed the recipe slightly. I only added 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro from my garden, due to availability, and I used 1/2 cup of finely chopped onion. I took the advice of another user and added diced canned tomatoes and it worked out very well. This went over good with the group and my kids asked for seconds. Because of that I give it five stars

  • Tonight was the second time I have made this recipe. Followed exactly except I made risotto instead. Not hard to make at all and was SO GOOD My boyfriend loved this recipe as well. I couldnt wait to attack the leftovers the next day lol

  • I didnt make cous cous just the salmon

  • Good but too much cilantro

  • This was delicious Im amazed at how a few simple ingredients could combine to such a tasty dish. I used freeze dried cilantro and it worked out well. I also substituted angel hair pasta for couscous instead as I prefer this particular type of pasta to go with simple oil-based sauces (honestly I considered using quinoa instead but felt it would be a little weird because the sauce is really like a pasta sauce). Otherwise I made it exactly as described, and it was ready in 30 minutes as stated in recipe. So easy, yummy and quick

  • This turned out great the first time and is definitely added to the permanent recipe collection for my family. I added capers, cumin, salt and pepper to the couscous. I always find "over medium heat" a bit vague but I adjusted to where the liquid stayed at a light simmer for the suggested time and it was just right.

  • This was really quick, easy and delicious. I had defrosted some Whitefish and looked in my recipe box to see what I could "adapt." I happened to have fresh cilantro in the refrigerator, so this sounded like a good match. I imagine if you dont have cilantro, fresh parsley or basil could be used instead. Next time, Im going to try adding 1/4 cup of wine instead of the water. This recipe is so versatile. You could probably use if for any type of fish - even shrimp or scallops. And Im glad you suggested couscous. It got me out of the rice rut. I will definitely try this one again.

  • Amazing & fast

  • I didnt really like this at all. I didnt like having my salmon sit in the buttery sauce, I didnt think the lemon-pepper would be so hot, and it just doesnt make me feel good.

  • Made recept with no changes. My wife does not like fish but really likes this dish. Will be making it again.

  • I really liked this recipe. It went very well with the couscous. It was very easy and fast to prepare.

  • I doubled the sauce recipe and used wild rice instead of couscous...I was amazing and I will definitely do it again

  • Quick and easy. Family really enjoyed it. Try serving it with rice.

  • Really good...... I had farm raised tomatoes and that makes a difference so if you cant do that go with a can of diced tomatoes..... Loved it.....suzan

  • Delicious and easy My favorite things

  • Excellent recipe Fast, easy and healthy too I made it with yellow rice because I didnt have coucous and it turned out great. I think Ill leave out the salt though because it was quite salty. This ones a keeper for me....thanks

  • This recipe turned out very well. I also added some cayenne pepper. Its easy to make and quick. I made it with rice and a salad.

  • So great My husband approved I did leave out tomatoes and cilantro. I know that wouldve made it even better but had none. The Couscous was really the right grain. Yummo

  • Not bad, a little bit bland but a good recipes for anyone who wants and easy and healthy salmon dinner.

  • Yummy Added a little extra garlic, tomatoes, and cilantro. Super easy and taste great

  • This was delicious and VERY easy to prepare and make.

  • Very tasty way to prep this dish. I followed the recipe and cooking instructions this first time, and just a heads up, this is how to prepare salmon if you like yours more well done. As I prefer a more medium/medium-rare salmon, next time I will reduce the amount of time it simmers in the pan. But overall, very flavorful

  • This was wonderful I did add some sliced green onions. The only change I would make is to add the cilantro and tomatoes ten minutes into cooking the fish, to keep them from overcooking. Thanks for the great recipe

  • This was absolutely delicious. I only used 2 fish fillets but made no other changes to the recipe. The flavors were so good and it was easy to put together quickly. Although Im considering trying a couple of minor changes the next time, this recipe is fantastic as is. If I made it with 4 fish fillets, I would double the other ingredients except couscous because I had some couscous to spare.

  • This was really really good. I squeezed a lemon wedge over each filet before serving. We enjoyed the flavor of the sauce and the fish turned out nice and moist. Im not a fan of couscous at all and while the sauce had excellent flavor it still didnt make the love the couscous so if you dont like it replace it with pasta or potatoes because the sauce still wont change your mind.

  • My husband loved this. Hes not a huge fish lover but really enjoyed it.

  • Made a serving for two and ended up using a whole cut tomato. If would have added anything; it would have been fresh squeezed lemon juice over the salmon, a touch of brown sugar, and another table spoon of butter. (organic smart balance) So more glaze would have been left in the skillet to top the salmon with. I added greens- broccoli florets & asparagus which added to the taste of the dish.

  • Very tasty. Will make again. For those unfamiliar with couscous, try it. Its easier to make than rice.

Previous Post
Next Post
Related Posts

0 comments: